Adventure Cruising 2016
Sea to Sky Sailing is very excited to be launching our adventure cruising calendar for 2016! Sheltered by Vancouver Island, the southern BC coastline offers some of the world's very best sailing grounds. With our adventure cruises, you can escape from the city and explore the wild, beautiful areas of Canada's west coast that are only accessible by boat.
We'll be adding to our adventure cruising trip list over the next couple weeks, with 3, 5 and 7 day cruises heading your way. Well, not literally. We'll be heading away from everything!
If you have a specific trip or dates in mind, let us know and we'll look into making it happen. Or, if you have a group of 4 or more people, we can arrange an entire custom trip to get you past the end of the road and into the Canadian coastal wilderness. Contact us to get started.
Adventure cruising is seriously addictive. Sailors may have difficulty with re-entry into normal life on shore after an adventure cruise. Side affects of sailing in the Canadian wilderness may include, but are not limited to:
- Staring longingly at the ocean looking for orcas.
- Staring suspiciously at any forested area looking for bears.
- Calling the sea your mistress and the wind your master as frequently as possible in conversation.
- Finding the tendency for things to stay still on tables and other flat surfaces deeply unnatural.
- And of course, wearing fleece and/or Gortex inappropriately (i.e. to weddings, etc.).