English Bay Scramble
English Bay Scramble
- August 19
- Meet at EHYC at 8:30am
- Bring your own lunch, water, etc.
- Paragon is almost certainly staying in False Creek that evening- crew can stay and sail back to EHYC in the morning or jump ship, up to you.
- Dinner at the party is $20 cash for a really good BBQ.
And from the race organizers, because for once I definitely cannot say it better myself:
Tiddly Cove’s annual English Bay Scramble is the most interesting and popular sailboat race in Vancouver, and perhaps in the world. Do not argue with us! Skippers and crews competing in the Scramble are the most highly regarded sailors we know, and perhaps that one could meet, ever.
The English Bay Scramble is a unique race where tacticians have free rein in how the marks are rounded, even which way to cross the start line. It delivers a unique combination of:
- the strategic challenges of a long distance race (varying sea states, winds, tides)
- the accessibility of English Bay (no long delivery trips required)
- a legendary after-party! (BBQ, music and prizes)
- an open, low-intensity format, suitable to sailors of all experience levels (and budgets!)
Details on racing can be found somewhere, maybe below, but we suspect you are really interested in the party following racing. “What?” you may ask, somewhat incredulously, “Some of the most challenging and fun racing ever, in the most beautiful place in the world AND there is a party afterwards!?”
Yes, not only is there a party, which will be attended by the coolest people ever, but there will be the Scramble Sailors Challenge where you can test your crew skills on flat and dry land! We will have food – and not just any food but aSouthwestern BBQ (only $20 cash only because it is supported by Karen Weiner of TAC Realty!) And you can eat it! We are pretty sure that you will be able to purchase some delicious beverages, and not just any beverages, but some hand crafted by Red Truck Beer. We will have music too, and not just any music – it will be performed live before your very eyes by the world renowned Honky Tonk Dilletants! We will also have race results, prizes, awards and door prizes – you will leave dripping in swag and crowned in glory. We promise!* It will be the most fun you have ever had in your life – be there!*
*individual results may vary